Thursday, March 1, 2012

First!

So maybe I'm not actually in Washington yet.

But I'm going to be. Soon. I can feel it.

Maybe not feel so much as "know." I've already been accepted to law school there. I'm lining up a series of job interviews (well, phone interviews, anyway). And thanks to advice from friends (and the ever-useful www.padmapper.com) I've just about got an apartment lined up.

Really, the last thing I have to do is move.

I'm reluctant to call this a "blawg" for several reasons. First, I will only be going to law school part-time, so I'm sure my experience is going to be different than everyone's, although I have it on good authority that 1L sucks for everyone no matter what. Second, I'm still in that fear-ridden state of mind and I have doubts that I'll even make it through that first year. Hopefully this is not the case.

Right now, I'm doing my best to remain optimistic about the move to Washington and my journey into law school and becoming a lawyer. After all, it's been a pretty interesting year. 2011 was the year I graduated college, the year I got into law school, the year I (finally) got my driver's license, the year I watched the man I used to love turn into a Seth Rogan-esque caricature of himself, the year of the tsunami, and perhaps most importantly, the year I decided to write again.

Maybe it's March 2012 before I've really taken any major steps towards that last one. But I think it's time for a fresh start in a new city.

Yours always,

Ms. Gardzalla

No comments:

Post a Comment