Friday, March 23, 2012

DC, Day 1

The first time I ever went to Washington, I went by Amtrak train. Today I did the same thing!

Joey and I left my house around 6:30 this morning. After one major SNAFU (my dog Lance pooping by my suitcase) and one minor (Joey forgetting his hat), we were on our way to the Greensboro train station.

For those of you that have never spent eight hours on a train, let me tell you... They're long. I don't know what exactly it is about trains, but they are friggin' nap factories. I slept maybe an hour or two of the way there. Joey made friends with the old man sitting behind us who was obsessed with trains and trolleycars. So basically Joey met future Joey.

When I figure out how to post pictures on here, I will, because good lord... There is nothing like being in DC this time of year. We timed it just right too-- it's supposed to rain tomorrow so we won't get to see many cherry blossoms. But I got a few good shots for mom, and I'm hoping to update tomorrow with an actual post of substance, provided I'm not so tired.

What, you say? Smithsonian tomorrow? And apartment hunting? Oh, well... PICTURES EVENTUALLY I PROMISE.

No comments:

Post a Comment